Colored faux locs have become a trendy and versatile protective hairstyle, mimicking the natural dreadlocks look. This style has gained popularity among individuals with various hair types and textures, offering a unique way to express their personal style. Whether one desires vibrant hues or more subtle shades, these locs offer endless possibilities for self expression.
With its increasing popularity and versatility, colored faux locs are here to stay as an attractive option for those seeking a distinctive and fashionable hairstyle that can be customized to suit individual preferences. So why not explore the world of this stunning locs style and embrace this captivating trend?
What are Colored Faux Locs?
Colored faux locs are a type of hairstyle that involves using synthetic hair extensions to create locs or dreadlocks that are not permanent. These locs are typically made from kanekalon or marley hair, which are available in a wide range of vibrant colors.
Colored faux locs offer a fun and creative way to experiment with different hair colors without the commitment of permanently dyeing your hair. The synthetic hair extensions used for them, can be braided, twisted, or wrapped around your hair, depending on the desired look.
20 Different Color Styling Options for Faux Locs
Faux locs are a trendy and versatile hairstyle that allows you to experiment with different colors and express your unique style. Whether you prefer vibrant shades or natural hues, there are numerous options available to suit your preferences. Consider the following color options when rocking colored faux locs:
Add a pop of color to your look with vibrant shades like red, blue, purple, and green. These eye catching colors can make a bold statement and add an element of fun to your hairstyle.
If you prefer a more subtle look, opt for natural hues such as brown, blonde, and copper. These colors blend seamlessly with various skin tones and offer a more understated yet elegant appearance.
Ombre or Two Tone Options
For those seeking a unique and striking look, consider ombre or two tone faux locs. This style involves blending two complementary colors together or gradually transitioning from one color to another. It creates a captivating visual effect that is sure to turn heads.
Embrace a softer, more whimsical look with pastel shades such as lavender, baby pink, mint green, and sky blue. These delicate colors can add a touch of femininity and playfulness to your faux locs.
Bold and Bright Neons
Make a statement with bold and bright neon colors like electric yellow, hot pink, and fluorescent orange. These vibrant hues are perfect for those who want to stand out and make a bold fashion statement.
Add a touch of glamour to your colored faux locs with metallic tones like silver, gold, and bronze. These shimmering colors can elevate your hairstyle and give it a luxurious and eye catching appeal.
If you want to add dimension to your pretty locs without going for a full color change, consider adding subtle highlights. Choose shades that are a few shades lighter or darker than your base color to create a subtle yet noticeable contrast.
Embrace the rainbow with multi colored faux locs. This style involves incorporating a variety of bright and vibrant colors throughout your locs, creating a playful and eye catching look.
For a sleek and sophisticated look, opt for a monochromatic color scheme. Choose a single color and stick to different shades and tones of that color to create a cohesive and polished appearance.
If you want a more natural looking ombre effect, consider opting for shades that mimic the natural progression of hair color. For example, go for dark brown at the roots and gradually transition to a lighter brown or caramel shade towards the ends.
Dip Dyed Ends
Add a touch of color to the ends of your faux locs with dip dyed ends. Choose a contrasting color and dye just the tips of your locs for a subtle yet impactful color accent.
Two Tone Color Block
Create a bold and edgy look by incorporating two contrasting colors in your faux locs shades. Choose colors that complement each other, such as black and white, red and black, or blue and purple, to create a striking color block effect.
Add a touch of richness and elegance to your colored faux locs with jewel tones like emerald green, sapphire blue, ruby red, and amethyst purple. These deep and vibrant colors can make a statement and give your hairstyle a luxurious feel.
Embrace a natural and earthy vibe with your alluring locs in shades inspired by nature. Opt for colors like deep brown, burnt orange, olive green, and warm caramel to create a warm and organic look.
Create a stunning gradient effect by incorporating multiple shades of the same color in your locs. Start with a darker shade at the roots and gradually transition to a lighter shade towards the ends for a visually captivating hairstyle.
Add a touch of iridescence to your faux locs with colors that have a shimmering and multidimensional effect. Choose colors like holographic silver, opalescent pink, or iridescent blue to create a mesmerizing and eye catching hairstyle.
Embrace a free spirited and bohemian locs look with tie dye faux locs. Incorporate a mix of vibrant colors like yellow, pink, and purple in a tie dye pattern throughout your locs for a unique and artistic hairstyle.
Embrace the warm and vibrant hues of a sunset with faux colored locs in shades of orange, pink, and gold. This color combination can create a stunning and mesmerizing look reminiscent of a beautiful sunset.
Add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your colorful faux locs with pearlescent colors like pearl white, blush pink, and champagne. These soft and shimmery colors can give your hairstyle a subtle yet luxurious appeal.
Bring the tropical vibes to your colored faux locs with colors inspired by the lush and vibrant flora. Opt for tropical tones like palm green, hibiscus red, and ocean blue to create a fun and exotic look.
Colored Faux Locs for Different Skin Tones
When choosing the right color for your colored faux locs, it’s essential to consider your skin tone. Certain colors may complement your complexion better than others. For instance:
- Dark Skin Tones: Deep jewel tones like rich burgundy or emerald green can beautifully enhance the richness of dark skin.
- Lighter Skin Tones: Lighter pastel shades such as lavender or baby blue can create a lovely contrast against lighter complexions.
Styling Ideas for Colored Faux Locs
The possibilities for creative hairstyles are truly endless. Whether you’re looking for your next hair idea or wanting to switch up your style, these vibrant colored faux locs offer a world of options. Here are some ideas to inspire your next hairstyle:
Experiment with Different Updos
Colored faux locs provide a versatile base for various updo styles. Try a high bun for an elegant look or opt for a messy top knot for a more relaxed vibe. You can even add braids or twists into the mix to create intricate and eye catching designs.
Get Creative with Braids
Braiding is another fantastic way to elevate your colored faux locs. Incorporate small braids throughout your locs or create larger plaits as accents. You can also experiment with different braid patterns like cornrows or box braids to add texture and dimension to your hairstyle.
Accessories can take your colored faux locs from ordinary to extraordinary. Consider adorning them with colorful beads, shells, or metallic cuffs for a unique touch. Headscarves and headbands can also be used to add flair and personality to your style.
Look to Celebrities and Social Media
Celebrities and social media influencers often serve as great sources of inspiration. Browse through their posts and red carpet looks featuring colored faux locs for ideas on how you can rock this trend in your own way. Take note of the accessories they use or the hairstyles they pair with their locs.
Make it Uniquely Yours
While seeking inspiration is important, don’t forget to embrace your personal style and make it unique. Add elements that reflect who you are. Whether it’s incorporating favorite colors into your hairdo or trying out an unconventional twist on a traditional hairstyle.
How to Achieve Colored Faux Locs?
To achieve stunning colored faux locs that not only look amazing but also last longer follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- Purchase or gather the necessary materials for achieving colored faux locs. This includes:
- Faux locs extensions in your chosen color
- A latch hook or crochet needle
- Hair ties
- Bobby pins
- A spray bottle filled with water or a leave in conditioner
Step 2: Prepare Your Hair
- Start by washing and conditioning your hair to ensure it is clean and moisturized. This will help the colored faux locs to adhere better and last longer.
- Detangle your hair using a wide tooth comb or your fingers to remove any knots or tangles.
Step 3: Choose Your Faux Locs Color
- Decide on the color you want for your faux locs. There are various options available, from natural shades to vibrant colors.
- Consider your skin tone and personal style when selecting the color to ensure it complements your overall look.
Step 4: Section Your Hair
- Divide your hair into small, manageable sections using hair ties or clips. This will make it easier to install the faux locs.
- Apply a small amount of leave in conditioner or water to each section to keep your hair moisturized and prevent it from drying out during the process.
Step 5: Install the Faux Locs
- Take a small section of the faux locs extensions and fold it in half to create a loop.
- Use a latch hook or crochet needle to pull the loop through the base of your natural hair section.
- Pull the ends of the faux locs through the loop and tighten to secure them in place.
- Continue this process, working your way from the roots to the ends of each hair section until all your hair is covered with faux locs.
Step 6: Repeat for All Sections
- Repeat the installation process for each section of your hair until all of it is transformed into colored faux locs.
- Take your time and be patient with the installation process for each section of your hair.
You can also watch the given video to learn about installing colored faux locs:
Techniques for Coloring Faux Locs
Here are some useful techniques which will help you in dyeing your colored faux locs like a professional loctician:
Temporary Methods for Versatility
- Use colored extensions or wraps to experiment with different looks.
- Easily change the color by removing or replacing the temporary additions.
Long Lasting Color with Permanent Dyeing Techniques
- Opt for permanent dyeing methods if you desire a more enduring color.
- Achieve vibrant and lasting results by choosing professional grade products.
Consider Pre Colored Synthetic Hair Extensions
- Save time and effort by selecting pre colored synthetic hair extensions.
- Enjoy a wide range of colors without the need for additional coloring steps.
Tips for Maintaining Colored Faux Locs
Take good care of both your natural hair and the colored faux locs for best results. Here are some tips:
- Protect your colored faux locs while sleeping.
- Avoid excessive washing.
- Moisturize regularly.
- Protect your locs from the sun.
- Avoid excessive heat styling.
- Retouch the color as needed.
- Be gentle when styling.
Colored faux locs provide an exciting opportunity to enhance your style with vibrant hues or natural looking shades. From ponytails to half updos and curly styles, there are endless possibilities for showcasing your creativity with this hairstyle. Embrace the beauty of colored faux locs and enjoy a head turning look that will make you feel confident and fabulous.