Looking to add a splash of color to your locs? Colored locs are the answer you’ve been seeking. If you’re tired of the same old look and want to express your personal style in a trendy and vibrant way, then dyed dreads, rainbow dreads, ombre dreads, and ginger dreads are perfect for you.
Colored locs provide endless opportunities for creativity and customization. Whether you prefer subtle highlights that add depth to the colors of your dreads or bold dyes that make a statement, there is a colored loc style out there for everyone. You can experiment with different types of colors, from natural shades to vibrant red tones.
So, if you’re ready to take your dreads to the next level and make them look bold and vibrant, consider trying out colored locs. Infuse your dreadlocks with personality and flair by experimenting with different colors. Get ready to turn heads wherever you go with these exciting dreads hair trend. Achieve a unique look with stylish locks and explore various color ideas.
Tips for Caring for Colored Locs
To keep your colored dreads looking vibrant and healthy, follow these essential care tips for locks.
- Use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners specifically formulated for colored hair to maintain the vibrant colors of your dreads and locks. Using sulfate-free options is essential to maintain the vibrant look of your colored locs and prevent premature fading.
- Regularly moisturize your colored dreadlocks to prevent dryness and breakage. Ensure you keep your dreads or locks well-hydrated by moisturizing regularly with a leave-in conditioner or natural oils like argan oil or coconut oil to maintain a healthy look.
- Protect your colored locs from excessive heat styling to maintain their vibrant look. Excessive heat can dull and fade the color of your locs. Limit the use of hot tools like flat irons or curling wands. Before styling, always remember to apply a heat protectant spray to ensure your dreads and locks look their best.
- Avoid over-washing your colored dreadlocks while maintaining cleanliness. Over-washing can actually strip away the color pigments in your locs. To maintain your dreads or locks, aim to wash your hair no more than once or twice a week. Use gentle shampoos specifically designed for color-treated hair to keep your look fresh.
By following these care tips, you can ensure that your colored dreads stay vibrant and beautiful for longer periods of time. These tips will help you maintain the look of your dreads.
19 Funky Styling Ideas for Colored Locs
Looking to spice up your look with some vibrant and eye-catching colored locks? We’ve got you covered. Check out these funky styling ideas that will take your colored locs to the next level.
- Half-Up, Half-Down Playfulness: Embrace a playful vibe by trying a half-up, half-down hairstyle with colorful dreads accessories. Dreads are a fun way to show off your unique style while keeping your locs out of your face.
- Braided Updos: Showcase the different shades in your colored dreads with braided updos. Experiment with intricate braiding techniques and incorporate pops of color for an effortlessly cool look with dreads.
- Twisted High Ponytail: Create a high ponytail with twisted sections of your vibrant dreads for an attention-grabbing style. This simple yet stunning option allows you to flaunt the full spectrum of colors in your dyed dreads.
- Side-Swept Faux Hawk: Rock a bold side-swept faux hawk using bobby pins to secure sections of your colored locs. This edgy style with accessories adds flair and attitude to any outfit.
- Ombre Magic: Take advantage of the ombre trend and add a touch of magic to your colored locs. Transition from one hue to another, creating a mesmerizing gradient effect that is sure to turn heads. Whether you have dreads or not, this stunning gradient effect is a must-try.
- Ginger Spice: If you’re feeling fiery, why not try ginger locs? This warm and vibrant shade adds a unique twist to traditional rainbow dreads.
- Colorful Accessories Galore: Elevate any hairstyle by accessorizing with colorful hair clips, beads, or ribbons that complement the hues in your dreads. Let your creativity shine through.
- Bold Undercuts: For those who dare to be different, consider shaving intricate patterns or designs into the sides or back of your head, showcasing your colored dreads on top. It’s a daring and striking look that screams individuality.
- Mermaid Vibes: Dive into the world of fantasy with mermaid-inspired colored dreads. Experiment with shades of blues, greens, and purples to create an ethereal underwater aesthetic for your dreads.
- Rainbow Explosion: Embrace the full spectrum of colors by rocking rainbow-colored dreads. This vibrant and cheerful style with dreads is perfect for those who want to make a bold statement.
- Dip-Dyed Delight: Enhance your dreads with a trendy dip-dye technique, where you can add a pop of color to the ends of your hair. This method allows you to maintain the natural beauty of your dreads while adding a playful twist. It’s a chic and understated way to incorporate color into your look.
- Pop of Neon: Add a vibrant and electrifying touch to your colored dreads by incorporating neon shades. Whether it’s neon pink, green, or yellow, these bold and eye-catching colors will make a statement wherever you go.
- Space Buns: Create a playful and futuristic look by styling your colored locs into space buns. This trendy hairstyle is perfect for festivals or parties, and you can even add glitter or rhinestones for an extra touch of sparkle.
- Fishtail Braids: Showcase the intricate patterns of your colored locs by incorporating fishtail braids into your hairstyle. This elegant and stylish option adds texture and dimension to your look while highlighting the different colors in your locs.
- Mohawk Madness: Channel your inner rockstar by styling your colorful locs into a fierce and edgy mohawk. Use gel or wax to create height and texture, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different color combinations for a truly unique and rebellious look.
- Wrapped Up: Take your colored locs to the next level by wrapping them with colorful threads or yarn. This bohemian-inspired style adds a touch of whimsy and texture to your locs, creating a visually stunning and artistic look.
- Retro Vibes: Embrace a vintage aesthetic by styling your color locs into retro-inspired updos. Think victory rolls, pin-up curls, or beehive hairstyles, and incorporate your vibrant locs for a modern twist on a classic look.
- Peekaboo Highlights: Add a subtle yet captivating element to your colored locs by incorporating peekaboo highlights. Choose a contrasting color and strategically place a few highlights throughout your locs for a dynamic and eye-catching effect.
- Floral Crown: Embrace your inner flower child by adorning your colored locs with a floral crown. Whether you opt for fresh flowers or artificial ones, this whimsical and romantic accessory will instantly elevate your hairstyle
Best Deep Conditioners for Natural Hair
Using the right deep conditioner is essential. These products help keep your natural hair healthy, moisturized, and vibrant. Here are some key points to consider when selecting the best deep conditioner:
- Enriched with Natural Oils: Look for deep conditioners that are infused with natural oils like argan or coconut oil. These oils provide an extra boost of moisture, helping to prevent dryness and maintain the vibrancy of your colored locs.
- Protein-Rich Ingredients: Consider deep conditioners that contain protein-rich ingredients such as keratin or silk amino acids. These proteins help strengthen the hair shaft, reducing breakage and promoting overall hair health.
- Formulated for Natural Hair Types: Opt for deep conditioners specifically formulated for natural hair types. These products are designed to cater to the unique needs of textured hair, providing extra nourishment and hydration.
- Free from Harsh Chemicals: Choose deep conditioners that are free from sulfates, parabens, and other harsh chemicals. These additives can strip away moisture from your colored locs, leaving them dry and dull.
By following these guidelines and selecting a high-quality deep conditioner tailored to your natural hair’s needs, you can maintain the health and vibrancy of your colored locs while keeping them moisturized and strong. So go ahead and give your locks the love they deserve.
Stylish Fall Outing Hairstyles for Natural Hair
Embrace the beauty of protective styles like braids or twists during the fall season. These hairstyles not only protect your natural hair but also offer a stylish and trendy look for any occasion. Here are some fashionable options to consider:
- Try a chic top knot bun paired with a stylish headscarf for a fashionable autumn look. This combination adds an extra touch of elegance and sophistication to your overall style.
- Experiment with textured updos using bobby pins and hair accessories to add flair to your natural hair. Play around with different patterns and designs, creating unique and eye-catching hairstyles that will turn heads wherever you go.
- Rock a voluminous afro or twist-out hairstyle for a bold and confident fall outing style. Let your curls shine in all their glory, embracing your natural texture while exuding confidence and self-expression.
It’s all about finding the perfect balance between fashion-forward styles and protecting your natural hair. With these ideas in mind, you can confidently step out this season with fabulous looks that showcase your personal style.
How to Add Color to Dreadlocks with Beads & Cuffs?
- Use colorful beads to thread onto individual locs, adding pops of color throughout your dreadlocks.
- Secure vibrant cuffs around sections of your colored dreads for a unique and eye-catching look.
- Mix and match different bead sizes, shapes, and colors to create a personalized and dynamic effect in your locs.
- Experiment with various placement techniques, such as clustering beads at the roots or evenly spacing them throughout the length of each dreadlock.
Here is a video about dyeing dreadlocks within 5 minutes, so watch it carefully:
Now , it’s time to embrace the beauty of your vibrant locs. Experiment with different funky styles using beads and cuffs, or try out some stylish fall outing hairstyles. Whether you’re rocking bold reds, blues, or even pastel shades, colored locs are a statement of self-expression and individuality. So go ahead, unleash your creativity and let your colorful locks shine.
Can I dye my own dreadlocks at home?
Dyeing your own dreadlocks at home can be tricky since it requires precision and knowledge of how dyes interact with different hair types. It’s generally recommended to seek professional help for achieving desired results without damaging your hair.
How often should I deep condition my colored locs?
Deep conditioning should be done regularly to maintain moisture balance in colored locs. Aim for at least once a week or as needed depending on the condition of your hair.
Will coloring my locs cause damage?
Coloring can potentially cause damage if not done properly or if harsh chemicals are used. It’s important to consult with a professional stylist who understands how to minimize damage while achieving desired color results.
Can I change the color of my already colored locs?
Yes, you can change the color of your already colored locs. However, it’s crucial to consult with a professional stylist who can assess the condition of your hair and recommend the best approach to avoid excessive damage.
How long does colored dye typically last in dreadlocks?
The longevity of colored dye in dreadlocks varies depending on factors such as hair porosity, maintenance routine, and exposure to sunlight and water. On average, colored dyes can last anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months before requiring touch-ups or reapplication.